Saturday 23 March 2013

Visiting Inmates.

Well I have visited an inmate only once. It was about 10 years ago. A friend was sentenced to 18 months.
Now I live in the south wales and when I went to visit him, he was in maidstone prison which is in the south east of the country. Visiting was from 12.00 pm to 3.30 pm.

To get into the prison you need a visiting order which the inmate sends you, the week before. If you miss the day, well hard luck., you will have to wait until the inmate sends you a new visiting order.

The doors open 11 am for you to go in. the officers check the visiting order and let the wing officer that an inmate has a visitor. As a group the group of visitors move through bared doors about three until you get to the visiting room, which looks like a village hall, with tables and plastic chairs, you can also buy drinks and hot and cold snacks. But you can't give anything to the inmate at the visit only what is on sale at the canteen.

The time went by so fast and then it was on my why home, I was trying to take it all in. No why did I want to be an inmate for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment